Sunday, December 14, 2008

Week 6- Recovering a Sense of Abundance

The Artist’s Way --

Recovering a Sense of Abundance


This week you tackle a major creative block – money. You are asked to really look at your own ideas around God, money, and creative abundance. The essays will explore the ways in which your attitudes limit abundance and luxury in your current life. You will be introduced to counting, a block-busting tool for clarity and right use of funds. This week may feel volatile.


KEY IDEAS:

The Great Creator

Many of us equate difficulty with virtue and art with fooling around.
Expecting divine help, we tend to receive it.
If you want to make some art, make some art.
When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open to us.
Luxury

It is critical that we pamper ourselves for the sense of abundance it brings to us.
In order to thrive as artists, we need to be available to the universal flow.
Luxury is a learned practice for most of us.
What we are talking about when we discuss luxury is often a shift in consciousness . . .
Creative living requires the luxury of space and time.
Creativity lives in paradox: serious art is born from serious play.
Counting: An Exercise

Buy a small pocket notepad and write down every nickel you spend.
Money Madness: An Exercise Page 113

Read Chapter Six
Do Tasks at end of chapter
Read “Basic Principles” daily
Read Affirmations daily
Write Morning Pages daily
Go on an Artist’s Date this week

1 comment:

  1. On p. 110, "I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck."
    ---Emma Goldman

    This quote really clicked for me. But, I found, especially after reading this chapter...there are still alot of issues that I have with money. I am one that has always preferred the beauty in what someone creates or tend to for me than what someone buys for me. (My husband has had his share of issues with this over the years...this past Christmas is the first one in a very very long time I let him buy a piece of jewelry for me!) But as I examined this quote some more, a sentenced flashed in my head. You don't want the diamonds because only people that have done bad things give diamonds! WOW! What a thought. Its' like all the jewelry commercials that talk about the husband buying jewerly..its a quick gift, shut her up, apology of some sort. I think you get the picture. As I have told my husband...I do not want a quick gift, don't try and shut me up, and if you need to apology for something that bad...well don't do it in the first place! Till later...

    ReplyDelete

\